Attorney and mediator
- Reviewing, designing and negotiating contracts from all areas of music, especially Clas-sical music (performance agreements, artist agreements, author agreements, publishing agreements, agency agreements, photographer agreements, actor agreements, cooper-ation agreements, recording and licence agreements, concert agreements, sponsorship agreements, brand ambassador agreements, testimonial agreements, management agreements, deeds of assignment, GEMA and GVL, general terms and conditions, distri-bution agreements, moral rights) for soloists, conductors, orchestras, festivals, agencies and event organizers performing and operating nationally and internationally.
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights: copyright, unfair practices, trademark law.
- Cease-and-desist, correction, preparatory information, damages, expense compensation.
- Defending against unjustified claims and demands.
- Preparing and enforcing claims for payment, in and out of court (licenses, compensa-tion/fees, participation, damages, recovery etc.).
- Crisis communication and reputation management, protection of image and reputation on the Internet and in other media (protection of personal rights); notification of and communication with affected parties, public authorities, and the public in crisis situations.
- Consulting and coaching (workshops, training, courses and seminars).
- Mediation and conflict management (mediation, business mediation, non-violent com-munication, seminars / workshops / coaching, reviewing, introducing and supervising conflict management systems in companies, administrative bodies or institutions).
>> A summary of our firm’s services is available here.
- Employment law
- Mediation and conflict management
- Copyright and Media law (photography, image, book, music, film, publisher, mer-chandising, statements etc.)
- Competition law (especially actions against unfair practices, product imitation, reputation damage etc.)
- Trademark law (trademarks, title copyright & names)
(Trademark registration, trademark search, conflict review, opposition proceedings, can-cellation actions etc.)
- Studied law in Regensburg and Munich
- Attorney since 1993
- Corporate counsel to KOCH International group (1995 – 2000)
- Partner at Schoepe Fette Pennartz Reinke Rechtsanwälte für Kultur & Entertainment
- 1997 – 2008: Lecturer in business law, employment law, and online law at the Munich University (Hochschule München)
- Since 2008: Professor of business law at FOM University of applied Sciences (FOM Hochschule)
- Partner at K&E Rechtsanwälte für Kultur & Entertainment, Munich
- Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht e.V. (GRUR e.V.) (German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- Freundeskreis Chor des Bayerischen Rundfunks e.V. (Friends of the Bavarian Radio Choir)
- Deutsch-Österreichische Juristenvereinigung (German-Austrian Lawyers’ Association)
- Mediator focussing on business mediation, conflict management
- Pennartz, S., Bell, R.: Die Nutzung von geschützten Werken in Forschung und Lehre vs. Urhebergesetz, Verwaltungsrundschau 12/2013
- Pennartz, S.: FOM Newsbox, Das Mediationsgesetz (MediationsG), November 2012
- Pennartz, S., Berg, J.: Schutzfristenverlängerung , MMR-Aktuell 2012, p. 7 – 10
- Pennartz, S., Büttner, R.: Elektronische Arbeitsmarktplattform / Perspektiven in der Leiharbeit, Arbeit und Arbeitsrecht 5/11
- Pennartz, S.: Digitaler Zugang zu Wissen und Information durch die Hochschulbibliotheken und das Urheberrechtsgesetz, Verwaltungsrundschau 2009, Issue 5, p. 166-168
- 2 June 2014: “Copyright in adult education centres” Copyright in online courses. Topic presentation and workshop in preparation for the FIT continuing education at Bayerischer Volkshochschulverband e.V.
- May 2012: “Copyright Extension for Phonograms” Classical:NEXT in Munich
- 29 April 2010: “Copyright aspects” Workshop on IT-relevant instruction, notification, and monitoring requirements and rights in businesses and corporations at Deutsche Gesell-schaft für Recht und Informatik e.V.